The Special Tribunal for Lebanon has now fully transitioned to the new Electronic Recruitment System (eRecruitment) launched on 20 June 2012.
The complete list of vacancies may be viewed down below.
The new eRecruitment system requires the applicant to complete the form online and to submit it likewise via the eRecruitment system where no hardcopy applications or applications received via e-mail will be accepted. More detailed instructions are also available through the menu on the left.
The Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL) offers a broad range of work opportunities in the field of criminal law, international and humanitarian law, social sciences and administration. The working languages of the Tribunal are English, French and Arabic, but in some cases, knowledge of Dutch, the language of the host country, is beneficial.
The STL employs staff from all over the world. The paramount consideration in the appointment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity. Selection of staff members is made without distinction as to race, sex or religion. So far as practicable, selection is made on a competitive basis.
How to apply for vacancies posted via eRecruitment? ( email applications not accepted)
- Go to the eRecruitment website
- Register, if you have not done so. Note down your log-on id (email address) and password.
- You'll get an activation email; activate your account following instructions in the email.
- Log-in using your log-on id and password.
- Completely fill out your Personal History Profile.
- Click on the link for General Service Vacancies, Professional Vacancies or Field Service Vacancies.
- Select the vacancy which you would like to apply for. 6. Click on the "Apply" button.
- Fill out your cover letter.
- Click on the check box which says "I Certify that the statements made by me in answer to the foregoing questions are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any misrepresentation or material omission made on a Personal History Profile or other document requested by the Organisation renders me liable to termination or dismissal". Once you do that the "APPLY" button becomes visible.
- Click on the "Apply" button to complete your application.
- Once you have applied for a vacancy, an automatic email will be sent to you confirming your application.
- For the full instructions, please click here.
Strategic Planning OfficerVacancy Reference Number: TVA-NL-OTR-COA-P3-740; Grade: P-3; Deadline 20/07/2016
Language AssistantVacancy Reference Number: NL-OTR-LSS-G5-744; Grade: G5; Deadline 20/07/2016
Associate Case File OfficerVacancy Reference Number: NL-OTR-CMSS-P2-741; Grade: P-2; Deadline 16/07/2016
Arabic ReviserVacancy Reference Number: NL-OTR-LSS-P4-742; Grade: P-4; Deadline 12/07/2016
Associate Project/Administrative OfficerVacancy Reference Number: TVA-NL-OTR-CAO-P2-730; Grade: P-2; Deadline 02/07/2016
Operations Liaison OfficerVacancy Reference Number: NL-OTR-VWU-P3-739; Grade: P-3; Deadline 30/06/2016
Important notice for applicants who are currently employed at another international organization seated in the Netherlands:
If you are currently a staff member of an international organization in the Netherlands, please be aware that when taking up employment at STL, if your contract at STL does not take effect immediately (i.e. the first working day) after your current contract ends, this may have consequences for your fiscal privileges and immunities. In addition, years saved up to apply for a permanent resident permit under Dutch Aliens law could be lost. Please refer to the protocol department of your international organization for more information or the ‘Protocol Guide for International Organizations’ issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Chapter 5). In general, note that the fiscal privileges enjoyed by staff of the STL could also differ from those enjoyed under your current employer.